de  |  en  |  slo
Festenburg Castle
East Styrian jewel.
History

From fortified castle to  "monastery castle".

 

The former military and refuge castle has been owned by the Abbey of Vorau since 1616 and was rebuilt into its present form around 1700. It houses 6 chapels and the parish church, the former knights' hall, with an imposing fresco cycle made from Abbey painter Johann Cyriak Hackhofer.

Castle guidance
Guided tours through Festenburg Castle: 1st May - 30th September
from 1st October to 30th April (guided tours only on request)

Inquiries and registrations: +43 (0) 680/55 68 316, +43 (0) 664/37 58 888
Mail:  diefestenburg@gmail.com, info@festenburg.at

Overall tour - approx. 80 minutes
6 chapels, church, armory and "Kernstockmuseum"
Adults € 6,00
Adult group € 5,50
Children & Pupils € 3,00
Children & School group € 2,50

Short tour - approx. 60 minutes
(either without armory or without "Kernstockmuseum")
Adults € 5,00
Adult group € 4,50
Children & Pupils € 2,50
Children & School group € 2,00

Tour times:
each Wed. + Thu. at 10am 
Sunday and public holidays at 2pm

At other times by appointment
For groups a reservation is requested.

Castle tavern
The castle tavern at Festenburg Castle is closed.
Exhibitions
No special exhibition at the moment!
Contact & Info
Festenburg Castle
A 8251 Bruck a.d. Lafnitz
Phone: 0043 (0) 680 5568316
info@festenburg.at
www.festenburg.at

Map
Burg Festenburg
Interreg Slovenia
Burgenland Stiftung
RIS
BISTRA
TZD
Steiermark
Oststeiermark
Thermenland
Apfelland
Vulkanland
Burgenland
Österreich
Genuss Card