Travel back to the Middle Ages.
A real knight's castle
The imposing Lockenhaus Castle is still the only castle in Austria with the image of a real knight's castle. During a visit to the castle, you can explore the exhibitions and historical rooms (knights' hall, torture chamber, cult room, etc.) or learn by guide the history of the castle and all of its former inhabitants: from the templar knight's and the scary blood Countess on to the bats.
The historic atmosphere, a tastefully furnished castle hotel, informative and eventful guides, numerous cultural events and the castle tavern with its gorgeous culinary make Lockenhaus Castle to a unique excursion, event, seminar, and holiday location in the heart of the sunny Burgenland.
The castle was built around the year 1200 above the valley of the Guens and was named Leuca. From the year 1270 it belonged to the Counts of Güssing and between the 14th
centuries it often changed hands. The couple Margaret and Paul Anton Keller acquired the castle in ruinous condition in 1968. They sold their entire property and invested all in the preservation of Lockenhaus Castle, a unique European cultural monument. Since 1980, a board of trustees of the "Prof. Paul Anton Keller-Foundation" manages the imposing knight's castle.
Weddings & Events
Wedding at Lockenhaus Castle means celebrating your most beautiful day in a dreamlike setting in front of the romantic castle. Unforgettable hours in stylishly renovated, historic rooms and an excellent gastronomy with decades of wedding experience in the castle tavern Lockenhaus.
Whether company trip. Incentive event, seminar, teambuilding, private party, excursion, school week, children's birthday - here you can experience the unique ambience of Lockenhaus Castle and the beautiful landscape of the "Nature park Geschriebenstein".
- Knight Games / Tight Training for children and adults
- On request teambuilding coach (trainer Peter Heisz)
- Segway Funparcours in the castle garden and tour around the castle lake
- Archery-workshop, Drum-workshops
- Firewalking seminar
- Master of Ceremonies / Minnesinger / Show Battle (Prima Nocte)
- And much more!
To experience the whole flair of Lockenhaus Castle, you have the possibility to stay in one of nine stylish, historic castle rooms directly inside the castle. Attached directly to the castle wall and accessible from the courtyard we offer also 32 comfortable, spacious family rooms with balcony, bath/WC and kitchen. In the top floor we have 14 affordable attic rooms with bath or shower.
Children's & School Groups
For years we have been successfully specialized in school, children and teenager groups from all over Austria. In addition to the castle hotel with over 40 rooms, we also offer a comprehensive program, such as:
- Children's squire training, Children's mercenary meal (knight's meal in the castle)
- Forest-related educational games, guided tour of the local Heiling ice-factory
- Bat exhibition with researchers pass - largest Geoffroy's bat colony in Central Europe
- Free access to the castle: exhibitions, riddle rally, playground, giant chess, medieval bowling alley, campfire site, etc.
- School seminar rooms for bad weather program
- Our castle tavern provides the culinary well-being (full board, snack, breakfast ...)
- Swimming pool in the village (walking distance)
Ideal for sports weeks: football training area, tennis courts and swimming pool in the village, well-developed bike routes, riding, hiking and running trails. Idyllically embedded in the "Nature park Geschriebenstein- Irottkó" and the "Family spa Lutzmannsburg" in the district. The interactive exhibition "Friends of the Night" informs children at Lockenhaus Castle about the bats and their protection.
We are happy to send you a offer, inquiries: Tel: 02616/23 94 or by e-mail to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact & Info
A-7442 Lockenhaus, Eugen Horvath Platz 1
Phone: +43 2616 2394-0
May - 31st
daily from 9am to 6pm (last admission 5pm)
28. Sep. 2019
Burg Lockenhaus: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Special program for kids, culinaric Highlights, Music and many more...